Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15688) Re: (PR#15709) pregame support for observer

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15688) Re: (PR#15709) pregame support for observers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:44:32 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> On 2006-02-28, at 09.38, Jason Short wrote:

>>We need support for observers in the pregame screen (GTK2).
>

> What's wrong with typing /obs ?

We need GUI support.

* Right click on a player and get a menu with "observe this player" as a
choice.  This is easy.  Another button will allow you to globally observe.

* Show observer connections in the connection/player list.  This is
harder since it really should be done using the tree functionality of
gtktreelist which I have no experience with.

Of course this will all work with the keyboard interface too.  Pressing
the observe button will just send an "/observe" to the server.

-jason