Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13287) Re: Problems with l10n in MacOS X Version 2.0 (

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx, patrick.jenni@xxxxxx
Cc: nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13287) Re: Problems with l10n in MacOS X Version 2.0 (was: Freeciv ist komplett ins Deutsche übertragen - ?)
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:17:31 -0800

> [chrisk - Mon Jun 20 09:21:52 2005]:
>

> [Deutsche Antwort steht unten]
>
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 06:19:04PM +0200, patrick jenni wrote:
> >
> > Die deutsche übersetzung funktioniert nicht für mac OS X.
> >
> > de.po.bz2
> > Ist leer !
>
> Translation: the german translation does not work for MacOS X.
de.po.bz2 is
> empty.

I believe the above is a bug in StuffIt Expander (the default archive
expander in OSX) - any .po.bz2 file I try to expand produce an empty
folder. (OSX Panther 10.3.9)

For reference here's how I successfully compile SVN HEAD on OSX 10.3.9
with full translations support.

Configure with these variables:

  env CC="gcc -no-cpp-precomp" CFLAGS="-O3" ./autogen.sh \
       --with-included-gettext \
       --enable-nls \
       --enable-client=gtk2 \
       --prefix=/Users/<your_username>/freeciv-devel

After make and install: To start in for example German locale, start with...

  LANG=de_DE civ

Note that I use the _full_ language code, otherwise I get that GTK
warning about unsupported locale (it seems to be working in any case
though.)

The packages used is those that darwinports build for me when installing
it's Freeciv 2.0.x package.

Hope the OSX build of the next major version will be able to support
localizations out of the box!

Regards
-Daniel Markstedt