Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15622) SDL-client: can't steal technology

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15622) SDL-client: can't steal technology
From: "Martin.Gerdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Martin.Gerdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:31:14 -0800

Hi!

I hadn't saved the game where I noticed it the first time, but now I again
played far enough to try to steal from an enemy city (diplomatic status:
ceasefire). Result: Selecting "Steal technology" simply makes the menu
disappear, the diplomat stays active, and doesn't lose movement points.
Selecting "Establish embassy" from the same menu works. (which I already have
done in this game)
I have noticed something similar with caravans: When I choose "Help build
Wonder" the unit ignores that, and just enters the city. But since I can simply
disband the caravan and get the full shields, that's hardly tragic. Note that I
haven't tried to establish trade routes yet.

If you want to try out the caravan menu: There are some stationed inside Yunu.
Just change the production to a wonder, and move a caravan out of the city and
right back onto it.

Hope this helps. :-)

Icekiss