Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] [Freeciv] death to smallpox, episode n+1

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Freeciv] death to smallpox, episode n+1
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:39:10 +0100

On 2/17/06, Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How can a society with a literacy rate of 0 field soldiers capable of
> operating and maintaining Tanks, Jets, etc.

An interesting question. Maybe some units should have science upkeep
as well, but you'd probably have to rebalance and redesign large parts
of the game to get it all to work; you'd also have to either issue a
warning if units were being produced that cost science to maintain, or
you'd have to make the unit cost as many science as shields to
produce, so a city could not produce such a unit without a science
surplus

IMHO, haters of smallpox should first start out by choosing a smaller
foodbox, because I think it would lead to larger cities and this the
desire to have less overlap.