Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15338) gui-xaw: leader name is not displayed in ch

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15338) gui-xaw: leader name is not displayed in choose_nation dialog
From: "Egor Vyscrebentsov" <evyscr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 05:43:13 -0800

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:03:13 -0800
Egor Vyscrebentsov <evyscr AT murom.net> wrote:

> There is a bug in gui-xaw that i don't know how to fix. When one presses
> "Choose nation" button and opens proper dialog, he does not see leader name.
>
> Lader name is present in proper text widget, it just not displayed. If
> one  presses key, proper letter will be added to leader name. No way to
> delete letters.
>
> This bug presents in both XFree86-4.3.0 and Xorg-6.8.99.902

Well, my window manager is IceWM. When I looked at this dialog in
WindowMaker (which does not fill dialog at screen height) I saw that
leader name is alterable.
The key of the problem is gui-xaw natioins dialog implementation. I'm going
to rewrite it (not sure that I'll can implement group support, however.)

--
Thanks, evyscr