Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15472) Borders drawn incorrectly in SDL client

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15472) Borders drawn incorrectly in SDL client
From: "Martin.Gerdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Martin.Gerdes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 04:45:56 -0800

As per suggestion by hima, I am sending you an e-mail about this.
As hima explained to me (link: http://forum.freeciv.org/viewtopic.php?t=1549),
I am getting artifacts when borders are drawn (the thread contains sample
images). Furthermore, with some nations, like the Portuguese shown in the
images, the border of the enemy isn't visible at all.

While I am at it, further graphical glitches I noticed:
-Playing with the Japanese, the sizes of my cities are as good as unreadable,
since they are written in white on a light yellow background.
-When I am changing the tiles worked on in a city, the map (outside the city)
does not get updated immediately. I have to move the view elsewhere (so that it
isn't on the screen anymore) and back to see it (grid switched on for this,
obviously).
-Popups on mouse hover (e.g. in the diplomacy screen) get drawn _below_ the
currently active unit.
-When selecting a unit from a list (because there is more than one unit on the
same tile), it will activate the unit under the mouse cursor when clicking, if
there is one.

I am playing with the CVS-Head snapshot from 31.1.06, the SDL client, and the
deluxe gui.

Please ask if you want to have screenshots showing any of the described
behavior.

With kind regards,

Icekiss