Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15446) undesirable rulers

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15446) undesirable rulers
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:01:39 -0800

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> Stalin removed from Russian now when we have him in Soviet.

People have often complained about having Stalin and Hitler in the game
at all; in particular, the problem is that the AI may sometimes choose
them automatically.  If I understand how the soviet nation works,
however, random assignment will never give you this nation, right?
Maybe a German civil-war nation should be created that contains hitler.
  On the other hand, if that nation was Nazi-based then we'd just have a
bigger controversy.  Is there any way to give a name and flag to this
nation without being politically incorrect?

Since random assignment now works for humans too, we will be getting
more complaints.  So what can we do to prevent Hitler from being
randomly assigned?  We could simply remove him, although then players
wishing to play against him (on a europe scenario, for instance) would
have to enter his name by hand.

-jason