Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15259) Ancient flags

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#15259) Ancient flags
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 02:13:57 -0800

Here are even more 'ancient' flags!

Old Iran/Persia is my interpretation of the "Derafsh Kaviani": the
country's legendary first flag. Using the picture here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derafsh_Kaviani and the description here
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ir_preis.html as inspiration.

Old Egypt is based on a concept by Johannes Weigand, here
http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/9054/egypt.html - the red
symbolizing the desert, the black being the fertile banks of the Nile,
and the white the river itself.

Palmyra is generated from an original image by JB Grout found here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=154678 (I asked for his
permission to use it of course).

Please let me know if any of these are hideously ugly or otherwise
unsuitable! I intend to commit at least some of them at some point.

-Daniel