Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15215) warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15215) warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_SMPEG
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 04:25:26 -0800

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> I get this warning message when running ./autogen.sh on a recent HEAD
> (under Ubuntulinux.) The game still compiles without hiccups.

This is not our problem. The authors of aclocal decided in their infinite
wisdom to complain whenever a system package is found that contains quote
problems, even though the package is not from or even used by the software
being configured. The authors of various linux distributions, in theirs,
apparently decided that such errors were not worth fixing. So the ball
ends up in the end user's court. Very neat.

  - Per