Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14644) Mac client not properly handling saved game fil

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14644) Mac client not properly handling saved game files on case-sensitive HFS+
From: "Chris Snook" <chris.snook@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 23:42:18 -0800

Platform: Mac OS X 10.4.3 (Tiger) with case-sensitive HFS+ file system
(this is non-default), Apple X server
Binary: sourceforge download 2.0.7 Mac OS X client

     When I attempt to save or load a game, none of the saved games
(autosave or manual save) show up.  When I click "browse" all the
.sav.gz files show up as expected.  When I try to save overwriting an
existing file, the game is not actually saved, though no error is
given.  I did not have this problem with the 2.0.2 client on this
system, so perhaps some of the changes made since support for Panther
was dropped have somehow broken proper game saving on case-sensitive
HFS+.  Or it could be something else entirely, but the case-sensitive
filesystem is the only thing that comes to mind as abnormal about my
system, and strikes me as a likely explanation for files not showing
up in the list.

     On a possibly unrelated note, I've noticed that when I load
games, I often see yellow wavy lines above my workers and engineers.
Some of these workers and/or engineers definitely did not exist at the
time that I saved, though they're showing up in the field where I've
had workers at some previous point, so it may have actually saved some
data when trying to overwrite saved game files on some occasions, and
effectively copied the workers an extra time.

     If there are any tests you'd like me to run, or any more system
information you'd like, please let me know.

     -- Chris