Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14622) Policy on banned flags

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14622) Policy on banned flags
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:38:27 -0800

I'd like to make an old Freeciv praxis official policy: Use no illegal
or restricted flags. See my suggestion of wording in attached diff.

The desired effect is of course that Freeciv should not end up being
outlawed anywhere.

I have already replaced the (East) Turkestan separatist flag with the
historical Republic of East Turkestan/Uyghurstan flag to avoid any
connection with the modern day Islamic separat(terror)ists. I'm also
planning to rename it simply 'uyghur' since "Turkestan" can refer to
many different regionalistic claims, however often including historical
Uyghurstan.

Next I'd like to remove Tibetan nation from the main release, since the
flag (of the Tibetan government in exile) is forbidden in People's
Republic of China (PRC). Instead I'll put it in the
contribution/nations catalog on the ftp.

Taiwan is not threatened by removal, since Republic of China is a
sovereign state: Therefore the question of its flag being banned in PRC
or not is irrelevant.

Thoughts?

-Daniel