Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: build problems under solaris

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: build problems under solaris
From: Reinier Post <reinpost@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:38:39 +0000 (UTC)

Toby Dylan Hocking <tdhock@...> writes:

[...]

> As you can see, I set CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH for all the
> relevant libraries (note that my gtk2 is actually 2.6.7), but still your
> configure script gives me errors.

It is bad practice to set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH; on Solaris it's better
is to add a -R option for each -L option.  The last time I compiled
on Solaris (a while ago) I was actually using a wrapper script that
did this for me; see

  http://www.win.tue.nl/~rp/bin/adding-R

I could just use

  env CC='adding-R gcc' ./configure [args]

and it would insert the -Rs as appropriate.
I haven't tried this on Freeciv 2.0.7 though.

--
Reinier