Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14521) configure check for GTK >= 2.4 should be 2.6 or

To: wsimpson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14521) configure check for GTK >= 2.4 should be 2.6 or 2.8
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 06:52:32 -0800

On 11/1/05, mateusz <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think that we should upgrade our requirements to >=2.6.0, just
> to display new icon on the "Accept treaty" button.

This was my fault. Sorry about that. :-(

I should have checked the GTK+ version requirements for that stock
item at this page first:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Stock-Items.html#GTK-STOCK-EDIT:CAPS

Yes, we should just use a different stock item.

While some of the new features in more recent versions would be
interesting, it is probably better to not bump up our requirements
until after Freeciv 2.1 is released. By that time, mainline Linux
distributions will have GTK+ 2.8. Then we can look into moving to GTK+
2.8 and use Cairo for drawing. This would enable us to, among other
things, have map zoom support.

---
Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa