Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14476) Localization on Mac OS X broken

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14476) Localization on Mac OS X broken
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:21:24 -0700

> [jdorje - Thu Oct 27 23:29:04 2005]:
>

> I'm pretty sure that means you don't have gettext (specifically
> msgmerge
> or xgettext or something) installed at all.
>
> Try configuring with ./configure --enable-nls and see if that changes
> anything.  And again I want to see the po/Makefile.  And probably also
> the complete output from configure.  configure really should be
> detecting this (or an error) properly.
>
> Of course the solution is to just install gettext.
>
> -jason

It seems like this is mainly a documentation issue. The Mac OS X
installation guide in the wiki
(http://www.freeciv.org/index.php/Install-MacOSX) specifically tells us
to run ./configure with --disable-nls.

Localization appears to be working now. Only a few oddities:

A few seconds into the compiling process, OSX hits me with an error box
saying "The application Xquartz has unexpectedly quit" (see attached
png). I don't know whether this is related to Freeciv or not, but I've
never seen it before, less recognize the name of the failing app.

Secondly, I'm getting hundreds of warnings during compiling I don't
recognize from before. For example:

climisc.c:295: warning: passing arg 3 of `my_snprintf' makes pointer
from integer without a cast

I'll report back here if I encounter anything else!

-Daniel

PNG image