Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14478) Set maximum endyear to 30000

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14478) Set maximum endyear to 30000
From: "John Bauman" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:44:31 -0700

Some people on the forums are complaining that the maximum endyear is only
5000, since they want to play one game forever. This patch (for svn trunk)
changes the endyear to 30000, which is pretty close to the maximum that can
be sent over the network. I've tested it at year 29000, and it seems to
work.

The only possible problem I know of would occur if the number of turns can
be enough greater than the year that the number would overflow a sint16.
Also, the pubserver might want to set a lower maximum.

John Bauman