Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14466) gstreamer audio support

To: david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14466) gstreamer audio support
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:36:54 -0700

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005, David A Knight wrote:
> I've attached a quick hack for using gstreamer for sound.

Thanks for your contribution. In 2.1, we had decided to remove all sound
plugins except SDL_mixer. This was in part due to maintainability reasons,
and in part due to poor ogg support in other libs. Current sound effect
work is pretty much on hold because we lack good sounds, and more sound
code will probably not be added until we have sounds to play.

If this situation improves in the future, I will dig up your patch and
consider it, of course :-)

   - Per