Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14454) Game-crash when logging enabled.

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14454) Game-crash when logging enabled.
From: "Chris Nash" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:16:32 -0700

This transaction appears to have no content
I apologize if this is a known issue.  I'm new to your bug-tracker, and I
didnt find anything when i did a search.

I'm running freeciv v2.0.6 under Windows XP Pro SP2.  I set up a MinGW/MSYS
environment and built freeciv using the win32 client.  If I run
"civclient.exe -l civ.log", I get the intial dialogs, but the game locks up
when I click "Start New Game".  I get this regardless of the debug-level, as
long as i use the -l option.

I also have v2.0.5 with the GTK client installed on a Win2K machine.  I used
the binary installer.  I see the same issue there.

I am attaching the log-file generated using debug-level 3.

I'm going to try to figure out the problem and fix it.  Please let me know
if someone is already working on it (so I dont waste time) or if you have
any more useful information regarding this.

Christopher Nash

c <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> hris@xxxxxxxxxxxx

chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx