Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14428) shifting the main map

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14428) shifting the main map
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:15:08 -0700

SVN HEAD 22 OCT 2005 GTK2

It looks like the map handling has slightly changed in 2.0.99 which leads to
some problems for me.

I use RMB often to reposition the main map. To get the most effect, I move
the mouse near the window border and click. If my hand hasn't come to stop
fully when clicking, this results in a short move with RMB pressed.

RMB dragging is defined as selecting cities. There is a threshold which
discretes between clicking and dragging, but it is very low.

In the end many attempts to shift the main map are in vain.

Increasing of the threshold might solve this.

Christian