Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems using the convert_png script

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Problems using the convert_png script
From: Daniel Markstedt <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:06:23 +0200

On 2005-10-17, at 22.02, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
Daniel Markstedt wrote:

I'm trying to generate png flags, but running the convert_png script produce the error:
rm: illegal option -- 1
usage: rm [-f | -i] [-dPRrvW] file ...
Tried on OSX 10.3.9

How are you running it? Maybe it should use /bin/bash instead of /bin/sh (see line 0 of the script).

Flag file names shouldn't have spaces or begin with a dash or it will break the script (the former is fixable, the latter...not easily).

Run the program as
  ./convert_png wales.svg
  ./convert_png *.svg

-jason

It didn't matter whether I used sh or bash and I'm running it as you said.
However, I didn't provide the full message:
Daniel
sed: 1: "s/.svg$//i": bad flag in substitute command: 'i'
Converting zulu.svg to .png
rm: illegal option -- 1
usage: rm [-f | -i] [-dPRrvW] file ...
       unlink file

What version of sed do you have?

sed --version
GNU sed version 4.1.4

I suspect you need a newer version (or the script needs to be changed to work with the older one).

Your suspicion was correct. A new version of sed did the trick. Thanks!

Daniel