Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14355) Clarification of Leaders Policy

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14355) Clarification of Leaders Policy
From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:27:44 -0700

The current guidance for nation leaders, in doc/README.nations is this:
 > Choosing leader names is not that strict, but there should be a
 > strong historical relation to the nation you create.

Judging by most of the nations, the de facto policy has been to list
only the greater leaders of a nation, with a concession to ensure that
some female leaders are included, and for the non-sovereign 'nations'.

Compare the, IMO ridiculous (W B Yeats!), list for the irish with the,
sensible, list for the romans. I think the de facto policy should be the
stated policy, and the irish (and, I presume, others) should be whittled
down.