Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14328) AI can be exploited in diplomacy deals

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14328) AI can be exploited in diplomacy deals
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:55:10 -0700

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 01:27:02PM -0700, Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> Here's how you can trick the AI into accepting a very bad deal in
> diplomacy (dev version):
>
> When an AI player offer you an alliance, he also accepts giving you
> embassy, any map and shared vision without demanding anything in
> return. He does ask kindly for shared vision and embassy for himself
> later on, but these requests can simply be denied. A definite exploit
> of AI 'kindness'. :-)

Not necessarily. If the AI can't trust you, the bug is to offer you an
alliance in the first place. If it *can* trust you, not getting an embassy
won't be that harmful, but would probably have an influence on the AI's
attitude to you on the long run. For example, making a tech a present to the
AI will improve its attitude.

The behaviour has been implemented because most human players tend to not
ever make an alliance without getting an embassy, so this improves diplomacy
in AI games.

Of course it shouldn't give an embassy or shared vision without getting the
alliance, but that's not what you are saying, do you? I didn't test.

Christian