Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Rules changes

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Rules changes
From: mateusz <mstefek@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 07:21:52 +0000

Dnia 2005-10-08 00:46:21, Per Inge Mathisen napisał(a):
After some discussion on IRC, I decided it was time to change the
following in the default rules
 - Remove the risk-of-losing-units flag from glaciers. This is just
confusing and annoying. Also the AI loses units left and right to it
under some circumstances, since it does not understand it.

Anyway, that flag should be an effect. Like this:
[effect_unit_lost_on_glacier]
name    = "Unit_loose_chance"
value   = 15
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Terrain", "Glacier", "Local"
    }
[effect_trireme_lost_on_sea]
name    = "Trireme_loose_chance"
value   = 50
reqs    =
    { "type", "name", "range"
      "Terrain", "Deep sea", "Local"
      "UnitFlag", "Trireme", "Local"
    }
[mateusz@localhost:~]$

 - Add a no-cities flag to glaciers. Guess I'm tired of seeing those
sprawling cities on top of nothing but ice.
 - Combine city walls and coastal fortress. The coastal fortress as it
is
now is way too expensive, is not shown on the map, and comes too late
in
the tech tree to be useful against the first waves of oceanic attacks.
I think the effect of this defence building should increase while researching new techs. Good balance is needed.

Also the city wall is not as useful as it ought to be.
City walls are really powerful against stupid AI.

--
mateusz