Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14193) AI will never do diplomacy

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14193) AI will never do diplomacy
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 23:49:42 -0700

In the newer CVS versions, I find the AI will _never_ do any diplomacy.

I've played 3 games now, and have yet to find any AI player to sign a
peace treaty.  Sometimes they'll go for a ceasefire, but when you then
propose a peace treaty they say "I want to see you hold the ceasefire
first."  This is ironic since they usually break the ceasefire to
declare war.

The AI should favor making peace with civilizations that are at war with
its enemies.

-jason