Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14152)

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14152)
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 13:39:50 -0700

I was in a pubserver game where it took ages to create 3x3 teams, but we
finally managed to do it.  However, one player set himself to be an
observer, and none of us knew how to undo that.  Disconnect/reconnect didn't
work, and before the player in question understood how to get around it, the
last player who hadn't opted to start suddenly left the game, and we started
with a 3x3x2 team game in which one of the 2 was an observer.

I was the other team member and it proved an interexting expecience: right
from the start of the game the whole map was revealed to me!  The way it was
it turned out to provide a challenging game setup, but it looks like a bug
that needs to be fixed.

The existing observer patch, which I haven't studied, may do this (ticket
#13878).