Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14149) Art: A few alternative flags

To: himasaram@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#14149) Art: A few alternative flags
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:15:49 -0700

Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> This is:
>
> - A more detailed Galician flag with standard emblem in the middle.
>  From OCAL.
> - A Swiss flag in 3:2. This is not as unnatural as one might think as
> the official Swiss naval banner has 3:2 proportion. See
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Switzerland
> - A Roman flag in 3:2. This is quite experimental and perhaps needs
> some discussion.

The swiss and roman flag are definite improvements.  I'm not sure about
the galician flag since the emblem doesn't really show up in the
rendered PNG (looking at Galicia on wikipedia...the flag colors don't
match what they have...what's up with that?) but I don't really have an
opinion on this.

-jason