Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14105) Data: Nation overhaul step 1, groups

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14105) Data: Nation overhaul step 1, groups
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 09:05:24 -0700

This is the first step of an overhaul of the nation rulesets. First out
is nation groups.

I made a possibly controversial edit for four nations I have
contributed myself: Removed Aborigines, Maori, Sami and Inuit from
Medieval group. These four nations never had an empire or state and
came into existence as nations in the confrontation with colonial
Western nations. Therefore, they don't fit into any current
non-geographic group. Perhaps if we create a Colonial or Indigenous
group..

In addition
- removes Arabs and Vietnamese from Ancient group.
- make Persian a Modern nation as well (in the same manner as Israeli,
Greek etc)

The rest ought to be self-explanatory.

Daniel