Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14011) Data: Factual mistake in Korean legend

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#14011) Data: Factual mistake in Korean legend
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 01:10:59 -0700

This patch fixes a factual mistake in the legend (that I'm responsible
for myself) about the first unification of Korea. I originally wrote
918, which is the founding year of the Joseon dynasty. However, many
historians (including a professor of mine) like to point out the year
668 instead, when King Munmu of Silla conquered the neighboring
kingdoms. This seems to be the mainstream opinion. Cf.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Silla

Added king Munmu to the leader list, and switched "mongol" to "manchu"
as a civil war nation: The Manchus (recently added) are far closer to
the Koreans linguistically and geographically.

Daniel