Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13998) crash in found_new_tech

To: brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13998) crash in found_new_tech
From: "Albertson, Brett" <bretta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:50:38 -0700

> Thanks for the report.

> I'd like to know the value of the 'tech' variable in
> give_random_free_tech(). You can get that value by typing following
> lines in gdb:
> >select 1
> >print tech

Sorry, I didn't have debugging turned on.  It just gives a "No symbol "tech" in
the current context".

> Here are some questions:
> Is it reproducible?

I have a savegame from right before the crash, but now when I go into the hut I
always get 100 gold and no tech.  However, I hit "end turn" until I learned
alphabet (my first tech), and it crashed again.

> Is it possible that the random tech from hut was a future tech?

no - see below - I was just starting the game.

> Did you change any game option? (like freecost)

All I changed from the default was "set aifill=5".

> Do you remember what you were researching and what was your science goal?

I was researching Alphabet and my goal was Monarchy.  I hadn't yet finished my
first tech.

> Were there teams involved?

no teams

Brett Albertson           brett.albertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Strategic Technologies    voice: 919-379-8449     FAX: 919-379-8100
Solaris Core, Enterprise, E10K, F15K certified.

Thanks for the report.

I'd like to know the value of the 'tech' variable in
give_random_free_tech(). You can get that value by typing following
lines in gdb:
>select 1
>print tech

Here are some questions: