Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13928) loading should unsentry a transporter

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13928) loading should unsentry a transporter
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:30:18 -0700

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 09:45:10PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

No. Unsentry means that the transporter becomes the active unit. But usually
you want to load more than one unit onto it. The activation scheme is
already buggy, with this it becomes worse. Also you won't necessarily move
the ship in the same turn. And if I want, I can awake it in the left unit
bar with a single click.

And while we're on it, there is still no way to 'fortify' a ship so that it
does not wake up when an enemy comes in sight. If I have ten cruisers in a
city, they all get awake when a trireme passes by. If you are unlucky, this
happens more than once in a turn.

What I'm much more painfully missing is a way to say onto *which*
transporter the unit has to be loaded. A request is already filed.

Chris