Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13783) Patch: British nation

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13783) Patch: British nation
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <himasaram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:47:43 -0700

The two "stolen" English leaders are (Queen) Victoria and Winston
Churchill, both leaders after 1707 and the creation of the United
Kingdom. This time I added two new leaders to the English as to
compensate for the loss: Mary Tudor and Edward Longshanks.

More changes:
- Removed roman numeral from "Henry VIII": regent names without
numerals seems to be the praxis in Freeciv.
- Put a comment in front of the Fundamentalism ruler_title row: My
testing shows that the entire ruler_title tag stops working if a
nonexistent government type is listed. Compare for example Russian.
- Changed English civilwar_nations to better reflect the medieval
situation.
- Added Westminister as an English city: It was a separate city a
thousand years ago.
- Removed outdated tags.
- Cleaned up formatting

The alt_flags are back too. Sorry about that.

Daniel