Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13742) allow notify_conn(NULL, ...) to work

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13742) allow notify_conn(NULL, ...) to work
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:10:09 -0700

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Jason Short wrote:
> This patch changes notify_conn(NULL, ...) and friends to send to
> game.est_connections.
>
> The ailog calls are changed to use the new form, which simplifies them a
> bit.

I have no objections, just take into account or change this comment from
server/plrhand.c:

  Similar to vnotify_conn_ex (see also), but takes player as "destination".
  If player != NULL, sends to all connections for that player.
  If player == NULL, sends to all game connections, to support
  old code, but this feature may go away - should use notify_conn with
  explicitly game.est_connections or game.game_connections as dest.
void notify_player_ex(const struct player *pplayer, struct tile *ptile,
          enum event_type event, const char *format, ...)

  - Per