Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13705) pubserver S2_0 crash in found_new_tech

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13705) pubserver S2_0 crash in found_new_tech
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:54:19 -0700

Player 5 has finished researching Iron Working.  The assertion triggers
because he already knows iron working.  The crash doesn't really help in
showing how he got iron working earlier.  But this is surely a teams
bug; this game has 6 players on 2 teams.

Mateusz, can you look at this?  If you can find the source we can fix
it.  But I don't want to do intrusive changes to S2_0; remember team
research is already a known bug.  The best solution might be to remove
the assert or add a workaround in find_new_tech (or its caller,
update_tech).

-jason