Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13645) Timer drift

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13645) Timer drift
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:38:12 -0700

S2 CVS 11 AUG 2005 GTK2 client vs. 2.0.4 Server

In an online game, I often notice a timer drift, so that the next turn
starts before the timer is zero.

For example, when I use the CMA and change status of 12 cities at once, I
see the timer stop for several seconds (ADSL connection) and then continue,
without skipping the missed seconds.

As a consequence, the client blocks earlier than expected, keeping me from
setting my cities and moving my units right.

Regrettably the client is usually unresponsive for several seconds at new
turn, even in a small game and with good connection.

Also, when the new turn starts, before I expect it (timer is still greater
zero), I do not notice this from display, and click on 'turn done'. This is
not reset by the server for the beginning turn, so my turn labels as
'finished' for the whole next turn.

Christian