Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13302) Show changed

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13302) Show changed
From: "Thomas Müller" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:18:54 -0700

Am Samstag, 25. Juni 2005 09:43 schrieb Jason Short:

> More technically, the main issue is that SSET_CHANGED has been added as
> a new "level" but outside of the enumeration this new "classification"
> isn't treated like the other levels.  For instance it's not in the
> sset_level_names[] array.

When i first looked at the code, i didnt quite understand it, so i created a
working ugly hack. After you mentioned  sset_level_names i looked for it, and
i guess i now understand how this code is ment to work ;)

I created another patch (
show_changed_one.diff stays the same as in the last patch,
show_changed_two_V2.diff replaces the old
show_changed_two.diffshow_changed_three.diff is new, since i have to edit
settings.c too now.
)

This time, i used the SSET-levels and code looks at least cleaner now (now
strcmps anymore).

I tested them again, seem to work fine, BUT: autocompletion for commands
doesnt work for me, neither before nor after the patch, neither on 2.0.2 or
CVS.

/show situ  or /show ra gives unknown command
/show al gives no settings at all, but no error
so /show chang does give an error, like all the others too. When you look at
the code, its obvious why, maybe i can fix that later, once this patch is
done.

Thomas

--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß manche Redner für viel Blech einen Orden erhalten?