Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13322) Move a bunch of stuff into rulesets

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13322) Move a bunch of stuff into rulesets
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:16:20 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> Well, as the subjects says... Some tidbits here and there that were
> hard-coded are now put in the game.ruleset. (Oh, and automagically sent to
> the client as well! The struct sharing with the packets code rocks.)

1.  The default/game.ruleset needs better documentation of what these
values mean.

2.  I don't like some of the names.  For instance the base_pollution
isn't the base pollution at all (raising it will lower the pollution not
raise it, though I don't really see a good name here); the incite_factor
isn't a factor it's a base additive term (base_incite_cost); the ransom
needs to indicate it's in gold (ransom_gold); the base tech cost only
applies to some of the techstyles (AFAICT); etc.

-jason