Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13279) Revenue for Traderoute, when entering a mar

To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#13279) Revenue for Traderoute, when entering a marketplace?
From: "Peter Schaefer" <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 05:53:40 -0700

I think it is supposed to give 1/3 of trade rounded up if a trade
route cannot be established usually, but under a new rule introduced
by the patch for PR#4420

See:
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx/2003/06/msg00262.html.gz

http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4420

I stumbled across this:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2/strategy/scrolls/

but that is a completely different bag of tricks.

Maybe someone more familiar with civ2 than me can tell if 1/3 is
correct; i was under the impression that under civ1, you'd get the
revenue anyway, you just wouldn't establish the same traderoute
between two cities twice, while you could have more than 3 traderoutes
active buto nly the best 3 would work.

On 6/17/05, Thomas Müller <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> how does the revenue Change, when a caravan enters a marketplace? Right now,
> its nearly 33% of the normal revenue.
>
> When i have railroad, it goes: revenue = (revenue * 2) / 3
> When entering marketplace, et is revenue = (revenue + 2) / 3
>
> Is this a typo? Should entering a marketplace give you 66% of the revenue?
>
> Its in line 1332 of server/unithand.c

> --
> Wußten Sie schon...
> ... daß auch Wolkenkratzer mal als Keller angefangen haben?

Diese Signaturen gehen mir auf die Nerven.