Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pubserver trouble

To: Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pubserver trouble
From: Michael Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 11:03:44 -0500

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 01:30:59PM +0000, Per Inge Mathisen wrote:
> I am having problems logging in with 2.0.99 clients on pubserver. Whatever
> I do I get authentication failure. Anyone else have better luck?

no idea what this is. Best guess is that the server is linked to
libuserdb.a that is compiled with S2_0 headers. I've compiled two separate
db libs: libuserdb-S2_0.a and libuserdb-HEAD.a and changed bin/civservers
so HEAD uses the correct lib. I also commented out the set aifill 2 line in
auth.civserverrc since it creates players in HEAD (which is an awful idea
on the pubservers).

I killed the HEAD servers, we'll see what the restart does...

-mike