Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13167) Patrol command broken in 2.0.0 server?

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13167) Patrol command broken in 2.0.0 server?
From: "Frank Wilde" <perle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:58:31 -0700

Hello,

today I wanted to send a diplomat patrolling two fortifications which
were connected with a railway (with the q command), as I did so often
in earlier versions. After that, I could not give any commands to
any other unit. The process list (top) did show the server being busy
calculating. I guess that for some reason, the loop wasn't cut at the
starting point. Fortunately, there was a savefile from the beginning
of the turn, so I could retrace my steps, saved immediately before
giving the command to the diplomat, and voila, reproducible.

If neccessary, I can send the savefile. The system is Solaris 9; I'd
have to reconstruct the configuration options. IIRC, apart from the
basedir, all other options were only for selecting the type of client.

I did search the bugtracking system for things concerning "patrol",
but there were only two old items (>= 11 months) about some other
problem.

Ciao,
        Perle (a.k.a Flagfish)