Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13039) Cannot investigate a city twice in a turn

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#13039) Cannot investigate a city twice in a turn
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 08:49:58 -0700

> [chrisk - Wed May 11 12:31:03 2005]:
>

> S2.0.1 CVS 11 MAY 2005 GTK2 Fullscreen Tabbed
>
> After you have investigated a city with a diplomat, you cannot investigate
> the city a second time in the same turn. You can send a diplo and get
asked
> what to do, you can choose 'investigate city', but the city window doesn't
> open, and no message is given, except the usual wrong error message
that the
> move wasn't executed (which happens to appear always, i.e. in case of
> success).
>
> You might wan't to do this to see the success of an attack.

What should be happening is that once you investigate a city in a turn,
you have info about that city for the whole turn.  Then you can just
click on the city to get a popup for it.

At least I think that's the idea behind the current system.  It doesn't
make much sense that closing the citydialog makes it impossible to
recover the information about that city.  In fact in later turns you
should probably be able to click on the city, have the citydlg pop up,
and it says at the top "report is 5 turns old".

None of this is particularly easy however.

-jason