Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12252) Re: Buggy display of Science dialog in Win3

To: jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#12252) Re: Buggy display of Science dialog in Win32 2.0.0beta7 client
From: "jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jacobn+freecivrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:46:36 -0700

Another few observations on this and related Win32 oddity (2.0.1, on
Win98 as usual):
 - I'm seeing this happen to a number of dialogs, not just the Science
   dialog (e.g., city report, city display).
 - Sometimes the city display or other dialog will become far too wide
   or tall or otherwise distorted.
 - Once, one of the buttons on the city report became "+6 Sci" (or
   possibly "Sci +6") instead of the more usual blank or "0" -- perhaps
   this will help track down where the corruption comes from.
 - An Explorer window I had open while playing Freeciv got a title of
   "0", which I'm sure it didn't have before. (As in, Microsoft
   Explorer.) So this appears to be leaking out of the Freeciv
   application.