Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Island-based generator

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Island-based generator
From: Thomas Müller <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 17:10:36 +0200

Hi.. i played lots of freeciv games with islandbased generator now, and i
think a very important factor to win is to find a second island. The problem
is, that sometimes you just have to go round your ilsand and find a new
island, because there is only 1 ocean tile between them, then its quite easy
to expand fast.
Sometimes you have to go with your trireme one square to the open see and back
to find a new island, because they are 2 tiles apart, which is some more
work.

It only gets messy, if you cant find a new island at all with triremes without
risking to loose them, and then you have a big disandvantage towards the
other players.

Since islandbased generator says "fair but boring" i think something should be
done about it..

Any ideas? Interest? I could look at the code myself, it you agree with me.

Thomas
--
Werfen Sie leere Konservendosen nicht weg! Bewahren Sie sie auf! Nach
einigen Jahren haben Sie dann eine schöne Sammlung alter Konservendosen.