Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12048) RFC: make zlib manditory

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#12048) RFC: make zlib manditory
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:58:45 -0800

We should make zlib manditory.  Zlib is required by libpng which is
required by every single GUI.  It is also required by the network
compression code (so it's pretty much manditory already, although I
don't know what would happen if you tried compiling without it).

Making it manditory allows us to compress the files in data/scenario/.

-jason