Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11970) i18n bug in commands.c

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11970) i18n bug in commands.c
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:41:34 -0800

> [chrisk - Tue Jan 18 17:28:07 2005]:
>

> CVS 18 JAN 2005 S2
>
> The syntax/synopsis for a server command should be and should only be
> i18n'd, when the command has any options.
>
> serverid has no options.
>
> Patch attached.

Ouch.

Simply removing the N_() won't fix this.  The string is no longer marked
for translation but is still translated.  Either we make a real fix in
the code or someone (Mike) has to go through all the .po files and make
sure there are no incorrect translations.

In the long term we should look for a code fix here.  If "serverid"
happened to be translated from another string, for instance, we'd end up
with a bug here.  We could translate it with a /* TRANS */ comment,
possibly with the use of Q_().

-jason