Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: passwords

To: Ruben Zilibowitz <rzilibow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: passwords
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:17:24 -0600

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 01:38:29PM +1100, Ruben Zilibowitz wrote:
> I have checked the faq this time for this one... I have forgotten the
> password i used on the pubservers. What do I do? Furthermore, is it
> possible to reset the stats (i assume stats are stored) for my login
> name?

the short answer is: no. sometime sooner or later (probably the latter)
we'll have a web interface to change info (and maybe reset stats). for now,
we don't.

A possibility would be to catch paulz or some other admin on #freeciv-dev
and bribe him to update the database. You'd probably also need your username,
ip address, and a md5 hash of your password.

Until then, I suggest you either play as 'guest' or create a new user and
play as that.

-mike