Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11837) More gamelog problems

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11837) More gamelog problems
From: "Paul Zastoupil" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 07:47:11 -0800

> [kauf - Fri Jan 07 17:55:51 2005]:
>
> On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 08:40:24AM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:

> > Status and info don't agree on population.  I think info is correct and
> > status is wrong.
>
> interesting. Well, the two certainly use different measures of what
> population is. status uses total_player_citizens() while info counts total
> of pcity->size. Hmm. Jason, shouldn't these be the same?
>
> -mike

No, I don't think this is the problem (its a different problem.)

Its a sorting issue.

Look at Nation 4.

status says pop=28
info says pop=61

I was watching this game, and the pop numbers in status never added up
correctly.

Then I noticed - Nation 1 had a pop of 29. 1 follow 0... and you can
find the fith nation in status has a pop of 57, which is the closest to
the info of 61.

Nations are sorted by scores, as are the scores, but population isn't
sorted.
--
Paul Zastoupil