Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11825) os x building

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11825) os x building
From: "Ruben Zilibowitz" <rzilibow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:59:40 -0800

Ok, here is the problem:
The patch Jason gave me had the right idea, but... wrong syntax...

in the file sound.m4, the original line read:

     AC_CHECK_LIB(SDL_mixer, Mix_OpenAudio, SDL_mixer=yes)

The patch changed it to:

     AC_CHECK_LIB(SDL_mixer, Mix_OpenAudio, [SDL_mixer=yes], [$SDL_LIBS])

But this is what it *should* be:

     AC_CHECK_LIB(SDL_mixer, Mix_OpenAudio, [SDL_mixer=yes],
[SDL_mixer=no], [$SDL_LIBS])

It is simply a matter of the syntax of the arguments to AC_CHECK_LIB,
which I found out by reading in the manual.

Now it builds, and sounds are working! But, bizzarely, a new bug: It
doesn't quit. I press on the "Quit" button, and the music loop stops
playing, but the game doesn't quit, it just sits there frozen with the
"Quit" button pressed in. Anyone got an idea about this?

Ruben