Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11156) prune CM branches by fitness

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#11156) prune CM branches by fitness
From: "Benoit Hudson" <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:38:40 -0800

> [jdorje - Tue Nov 23 19:18:11 2004]:

Fascinating: rt didn't email me about your replies.

> One other problem: I think trade routes are not accounted for.

To get rid of all the estimation, we could hack some
generic_city_refresh analogue to take in a production
vector (which is doable now with the changes you've
committed), and call it with the vector from
compute_max_stats_heuristic.  I was going to do that
anyway to cut the apply_solution time in half.

As for an LP library, the only one I have used is CPLEX, which
is non-free ($1k/seat for an academic license!).  But there are
lots of choices here:
  http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/otc/Guide/faq/linear-programming-faq.html#free
The GPL one seems reasonable, just looking at the API and docs.

Also, code for a simple LP isn't very complicated.