Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11785) gtk2: Player and Difficulty widgets don't g

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11785) gtk2: Player and Difficulty widgets don't get reset to 5 & novice
From: "Brendon" <yautja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:05:42 -0800

Christian Knoke wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 04:25:43PM -0800, Brendon wrote:
>

>>Version: beta5 & beta6
>>
>>GTK2 client widgets for Players and Difficulty retain the same value as
>>the previous game while the server is reset to 5 and Novice (only
>>figured it out because it shows the server status in the chat window).
>>

>Maybe other options are affected, too?
>
>Christian

They seem to get updated from the server values every time you press
[More Game Options]. Although they have the same problem where if an
option is changed on the server with the options window open the widget
remains the same. Having to open the options window and voting in
multiplayer should prevent this ever being a problem.

It's just the Number of Players and AI Skill Level are never updated and
keep the same value from the previous game unless you change it using
the widget (generally you want to keep the same settings as last game so
don't touch it).
Easy to reproduce, start a game with 10 players / Hard then leave, Start
New Game and have a look at the server chat messages in comparison to
the 2 widgets.

Just a minor single-player annoyance (although I nearly reported another
misguided bug about the AI being completely useless on hard...).