Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11764) 2.0 beta 5 client closing itself automatica

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11764) 2.0 beta 5 client closing itself automatically, possibly a bug
From: Adam Luchjenbroers <Adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 04:23:07 +0930

Sounds somewhat similar to a problem I've had with the Beta 5 client. Although
in my case the client crashed first, and then crashed on every reconnection
attempt (autotoggle was enabled). The client window would just disappear when
we attempted to reconnect (saving the game, and then loading it, joining and
restarting seemed to work around this).

If I restart from a terminal window, the following output is shown:
0: tech "None": requires itself
civclient: tech.c:115: build_required_techs_helper: Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

Would these be the same issue?

OS is Fedora Core 3, this occured on two seperate machines (both were FC3).

A google search turned up only this thread, not sure if it's relevant to the
current problem, but the same code appears to be involved (and the patch
provided in that thread appears to include the very assertion that is
failing).
http://lists.complete.org/freeciv-dev%40freeciv.org/2003/02/msg00713.html.gz
--
"In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made
school boards." - Mark Twain