Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 2005:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11729) data before first section

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#11729) data before first section
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 21:10:47 -0800

And here attached is the first part of a telnet connection.

The first few lines are telnet stuff.  Then is the two lines I sent: the
GET and Host lines.  Then a blank line, then the reply.  The "offending"
line is the 1f80 one.  This is seemingly not part of the header because
it's after the "empty" line signifying the end of the header.  But if
you look at this page in a browser
(http://meta.freeciv.org/metaserver.phtml?client_cap=+2.0%20conn_ping_info%20username_info%20new_hack)

you won't see this line.  So the browser thinks it is part of the header.

Do we do manual parsing of the HTTP response?  If so, we shouldn't.  We
should use an HTTP library like ghttp.

-jason